Would you pay to use social media?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you pay to use social media?

Meta(FB) is the latest to add an advert free subscription service(Europe at present), of course you can decide not to pay but if it's anything like YouTube expect to see more adverts and longer adverts popping up when you view anything on FB in the coming months. Accounts on YT are now getting banned if they detect ad blocking software so users are funnelled towards a pay model or forced to wade through endless pop up adverts.

Would you pay for advert free services or would you move away from using social media like Facebook, X etc if you had to pay? Lastly if you had to pay would you demand a higher standard of moderation from them when it came to policing fake news, trolling, hate speech and illegal content?

I nearly would for YouTube, but not a t the price they are quoting. €14 per month I think ? The ads are a pain all right but I suppose they discourage us from going down the rabbit hole and spending hours sitting in front of the telly or computer screen. If you asked anyone years ago , they would never have thought they’d be buying water ,bins , hospital visits paying for parking in an out of town shopping centre, or hospitals for that matter. It’s amazing how we get use to things eventually.

Comment

Edited for spam
      Last edited by bojangles; 02-11-2023, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
        Meta(FB) is the latest to add an advert free subscription service(Europe at present), of course you can decide not to pay but if it's anything like YouTube expect to see more adverts and longer adverts popping up when you view anything on FB in the coming months. Accounts on YT are now getting banned if they detect ad blocking software so users are funnelled towards a pay model or forced to wade through endless pop up adverts.

Would you pay for advert free services or would you move away from using social media like Facebook, X etc if you had to pay? Lastly if you had to pay would you demand a higher standard of moderation from them when it came to policing fake news, trolling, hate speech and illegal content?
        Wouldn't even give them your last penny Napper ...... regards their moderation of content , no reason why certain stuff shouldn't be pulled after a given time . No need for long drawn out enquires as to what's deemed improper ............. but , there are some who view differently ; Common decency should take precedent .

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post

Wouldn't even give them your last penny Napper ...... regards their moderation of content , no reason why certain stuff shouldn't be pulled after a given time . No need for long drawn out enquires as to what's deemed improper ............. but , there are some who view differently ; Common decency should take precedent .
          Accept change and walk away, get on without it is my motto......

Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Unfortunately many people do not have common decency, so you are throwing your pearls to swine to even to explain

Comment

What do you view as common decency do? They recently brought in book banning in many US states based on similar and now many school libraries have banned the Bible because it breaks the law.

Comment

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post

What do you view as common decency do? They recently brought in book banning in many US states based on similar and now many school libraries have banned the Bible because it breaks the law.
                Fair enough question ..... but I can only go on what I would deem ' decency ' .... there will be others who'd differ , regards the Bible , lost on that one have to be honest .

Comment

Fair enough question ..... but I can only go on what I would deem ' decency ' .... there will be others who'd differ , regards the Bible , lost on that one have to be honest .
                  I never had any interest in the bible but I remember some of the stories I was taught in school, I was wondering what category it would come under would it be fiction or what.

Comment

Not on any social media sites and have no interest in joining any in the future ......use Youtube now and then , mostly for music but can live without it
                    The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Likewise Dinny

Comment

Working...
                      X