Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dublin Airport

What's the difference between Dublin North and Dublin South airport? I
    want to book a room near the airport for the night before my return flight as it's early in the morning, but don't know whether to go to one near dublin
    north or dublin south (flying to heathrow.)
    Just noticed it goes from Terminal 2...would that be north or south?

My friend always stays in travel lodge as they do great deals , i think she paid about 30 euro last month , they will tell you if you ring them. I have a feeling its south.
    Last edited by spongebob; 07-08-2012, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by spongebob View Post
      My friend always stays in travel lodge as they do great deals , i think she paid about 30 euro last month , they will tell you if you ring them. I have a feeling its south.
      There's one called Dublin North (swords) and one Dublin South.....wasn't
      sure if there was a difference depending on the terminal you're flying from, but it only says the north one is closer to the airport than the south, so i'll book that one...
      thanks Spongebob.

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
        sure if there was a difference depending on the terminal you're flying from, but it only says the north one is closer to the airport than the south, so i'll book that one...
        thanks Spongebob.
        Your welcome , have a good flight

Comment

Originally posted by spongebob View Post
          Your welcome , have a good flight
          thanks

Comment

I think the nearest hotel to the Airport, which is North Dublin, is Bewleys...they also have a regular shuttle service.

City North Hotel is about 3 times the distance of Bewleys.

There are also 2 hotels in the airport itself.

Comment

Originally posted by nansson View Post
              I think the nearest hotel to the Airport, which is North Dublin, is Bewleys...they also have a regular shuttle service.

City North Hotel is about 3 times the distance of Bewleys.

There are also 2 hotels in the airport itself.
              well i've booked the travelodge now.... 56 euro....will leave it at that, says its about
              2km from the airport. thanks anyway nansson.

Comment

What's the difference between Dublin North and Dublin South airport? I
                want to book a room near the airport for the night before my return flight as it's early in the morning, but don't know whether to go to one near dublin
                north or dublin south (flying to heathrow.)
                Just noticed it goes from Terminal 2...would that be north or south?
                Hi Katie

Never heard the two terminals being referrred to as Dublin South and Dublin North - madness. Might ask my sister about that one as she works for Aer Lingus.

In the past my husband and I stayed in the Holiday Inn before one or two of our holidays as our flights were early in the morning. Cant remember what price the room was but we availed of the courtesy bus from the Holiday Inn to the airport, only a few minutes drive from the hotel.
                UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzieq View Post
                  Hi Katie

Never heard the two terminals being referrred to as Dublin South and Dublin North - madness. Might ask my sister about that one as she works for Aer Lingus.

In the past my husband and I stayed in the Holiday Inn before one or two of our holidays as our flights were early in the morning. Cant remember what price the room was but we availed of the courtesy bus from the Holiday Inn to the airport, only a few minutes drive from the hotel.
                  thanks Suzie

Comment

thanks Spongebob.
                    Terminals are within walking distance of each other - its the Travel Lodges that are referred to as North and South - the one you're booked into is in Swords...
                    Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
                      Terminals are within walking distance of each other - its the Travel Lodges that are referred to as North and South - the one you're booked into is in Swords...

kath wanted to know, why they only do the toast on one side......
                      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

well i've booked the travelodge now.... 56 euro....will leave it at that, says its about
                        2km from the airport. thanks anyway nansson.
                        Katie I was just goin to offer you a room as Im bout five minutes to the airport....I would only have charged ya €30...
                        It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Pammy View Post
                          Katie I was just goin to offer you a room as Im bout five minutes to the airport....I would only have charged ya €30...
                          is that my room ????
                          Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
                            yes, thanks Cogs, I worked that out after.

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
                              is that my room ????
                              No Im still waitin for you to come over for Gods sake......I have three extra rooms.....all very reasonable....
                              It is what it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X