Drama Series Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dinny View Post
    Watched "Des" last night.....Must say David Tennent was excellent in his portrayal of the evil Dennis Neilson .....glad I wasn't in the Muswell Hill area in the 80's......
    A very strange fellow indeed..Though I was in the Army at the same time as him and have been in some of the same places as him, I was there at different times...
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Watched "Des" last night.....Must say David Tennent was excellent in his portrayal of the evil Dennis Neilson .....glad I wasn't in the Muswell Hill area in the 80's......
      Played it very well , cold is an under statement .......... oddly enough [visually ] he put me in mind of Gregory Peck .
      Last edited by Twobob; 25-10-2020, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twobob View Post
        Played it very well , cold is an under statement .......... oddly enough [visually ] he put in mind of Gregory Peck .
        We noticed that....

Comment

• Channel 4 All 4 app is worth downloading. It has access for ROI residents and totally free. It offers the usual catchup service but for anyone looking something different over the Xmas its a helpful way to access the foreign drama Walter Presents library.

Comment

• The Hunger: The Story of the Irish Famine.....RTE1 @ 9.35PM ....Sounds like it could be worth watching

Liam Neeson narrates a documentary marking the 175th anniversary of the catastrophe, exploring the famine's international origins, development and legacy
            The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

The Hunger: The Story of the Irish Famine.....RTE1 @ 9.35PM ....Sounds like it could be worth watching

Liam Neeson narrates a documentary marking the 175th anniversary of the catastrophe, exploring the famine's international origins, development and legacy
              Yes I am looking forward to seeing that.

Comment

• Not one but 2 recommendations! "The Serpent", true crime series about a serial killer targeting young backpackers on the Asian "Hippy Trail" in the mid-70s, which I binge-watched last weekend, and also "It's a Sin" on Channel 4, about the HIV/Aids crisis in the 1980s. Great writing from Russell T. Davies and very evocative of that era, especially the music. About to watch Episode 3, very moving so far, and especially poignant given the current crisis.

Comment

• Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                  Not one but 2 recommendations! "The Serpent", true crime series about a serial killer targeting young backpackers on the Asian "Hippy Trail" in the mid-70s, which I binge-watched last weekend, and also "It's a Sin" on Channel 4, about the HIV/Aids crisis in the 1980s. Great writing from Russell T. Davies and very evocative of that era, especially the music. About to watch Episode 3, very moving so far, and especially poignant given the current crisis.
                  I am recording "The Serpent" will binge watch it when it's finished.....Didn't fancy "It's a Sin" at all judging by the trailer....

Comment

Not one but 2 recommendations! "The Serpent", true crime series about a serial killer targeting young backpackers on the Asian "Hippy Trail" in the mid-70s, which I binge-watched last weekend, and also "It's a Sin" on Channel 4, about the HIV/Aids crisis in the 1980s. Great writing from Russell T. Davies and very evocative of that era, especially the music. About to watch Episode 3, very moving so far, and especially poignant given the current crisis.
                    Serpent , what time / station ? ...

Comment

Serpent , what time / station ? ...
                      BBC 1 ....but the next episode is the 6th

Comment

BBC 1 ....but the next episode is the 6th
                        Ahhhh , missed the boat hen ......... thanks Dinny .

Comment

Ahhhh , missed the boat hen ......... thanks Dinny .
                          It's a shame you guys can't get BBCiplayer

Comment

• Binge watched 6 episodes of "The Bay " season 2 last night......not bad ..a lot happening in the series to keep your interest

Comment

Binge watched 6 episodes of "The Bay " season 2 last night......not bad ..a lot happening in the series to keep your interest
                              I don't think I finished season 1 of that, so maybe I'll go back to it. Not a lot else on at the moment drama-wise.

Comment

I don't think I finished season 1 of that, so maybe I'll go back to it. Not a lot else on at the moment drama-wise.
                                Great scenery of Morecombe bay.....

I remember looking at the scenery of that area when I got the Boat from Heysham to Belfast in 1961...Weather was bad then, took sixteen hours to cross.....

Comment

Working...
                                X