Behan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behan

I watched a program on TG I never look at that station I just happened to click it on and it was about the Life of Brendan Behan. He lived just around the corner from my home and I never remember him living there although an aunt of mine lived just across the road

The House was never neat or tidy the garden was a mess. But looking his life was so sad and his remarkable mother wrote her biography in her late nineties.

When he was on his death bed at an early age she was drinking with the family in a nearby pub. She knew he was dying, She said there is as much grief in singing as there is in weeping

His brothers were also there in an appearance on the Late late show after a life of poverty Ma Behan was proud of her three sons.

Brendan was said to be homosexual when it was not popular to be so.His Plays show a bit of that. His Mam did not mind him called a drunk an IRA man but she would always contest the Homosexual. I wonder how his life would have went had he been free to acknowledge it

Originally posted by joan mack View Post
    I watched a program on TG I never look at that station I just happened to click it on and it was about the Life of Brendan Behan. He lived just around the corner from my home and I never remember him living there although an aunt of mine lived just across the road

The House was never neat or tidy the garden was a mess. But looking his life was so sad and his remarkable mother wrote her biography in her late nineties.

When he was on his death bed at an early age she was drinking with the family in a nearby pub. She knew he was dying, She said there is as much grief in singing as there is in weeping

His brothers were also there in an appearance on the Late late show after a life of poverty Ma Behan was proud of her three sons.

Brendan was said to be homosexual when it was not popular to be so.His Plays show a bit of that. His Mam did not mind him called a drunk an IRA man but she would always contest the Homosexual. I wonder how his life would have went had he been free to acknowledge it
    Who knows. There was no shame back then to being a republican and a drunk.
    Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Working...
    X