Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ch 4 News ....

Monday evening ....
    https://www.channel4.com/news/the-br...ve-owning-past ...

https://www.channel4.com/news/my-anc...mer-journalist .

Laura Trevelyan is of course also descended from *that* Trevelyan. Fair play to her and the others for acknowledging that their ancestors were scumbags - more important in my opinion than making token financial reparations . I mean,
    Last edited by KatieMorag; 26-04-2023, 02:25 AM.

Comment

100 000 ? Price of a small 3 bed house here.
      Feel a bit sorry for Laura and co -their forbears were products of the wealth snd privilege they were born into and our own lot could have been just as bad it's just not o public record.

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
        Laura Trevelyan is of course also descended from *that* Trevelyan. Fair play to her and the others for acknowledging that their ancestors were scumbags - more important in my opinion than making token financial reparations . I mean,
        Isn't there also an MP by the same name , [not Laura now , lol] . And curiously enough there's a horse running today at Punchestown named ' Low Lie The Fields ' ........... I have to have a little e/w on that for sure , was 30/1 last night , down to 16/1 early morning .

Comment

Yes, Anne Marie Trevelyan. Not sure is she's related either by blood or marriage.
          Have to say, I know there were Irish people involved in the slave trade too, so I had to Google Gloria Gaynor (the Morag family name) but it's not her real name! Doesn't mean we weren't involved at some point though.

Comment

Mr Nathan Mayer Rothschild furnished part of loans to the Government of the day , he provided 15 of the 20,000,000 required .

Been said final payment only finished in 2015 ....... disputed though .
            Last edited by Twobob; 26-04-2023, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Edit: Anne Marie is married to a John Trevelyan so if anything he'd be the decendant.

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                Edit: Anne Marie is married to a John Trevelyan so if anything he'd be the decendant.
                Other families .... Tate & Lyle .

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
                  Other families .... Tate & Lyle .
                  I hope they don't try to sugar-coat their involvement

Comment

Working...
                  X