Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things gone from bad to worse between Dolores and Pete. She told him to be gone when she comes home from hospital, tomorrow I believe. Orla and Wayne blown out too because they didn't tell her about Jackie and Pete. If Dolores keeps pushing people away, who's left to support her when she gets home? Dolores, take a chill pill, when you get home have some hot chocolate and listen to ''It started with a kiss'' The young doctor now knows why things are so bad betwwen his dad and Bob. Bob has admitted to an affair with his brothers wife. If the young doc keeps digging he may unearth things he rather not know, you've been warned doc. Decko and Kerri-Ann back on track. An odd match dont ya think soapies? Fair play to Decko, from thug to business man, keep up the good work Decko. No Carrigstown tonight soapies, its all happening across the water. Maybe we could meet in The Station tomorrow night around 8pm. Hope my favourite barmaid is not on a night off. Dont fancy being served by Robbie, a guy who looks about as friendly as Jack Palance.

Comment

• RTE did the dirt on us again soapies, no Fair City on Sunday night, no doubler last night to make up for it. I think its disgraceful the way RTE treats us soapies Things a bit better between Dolores and Pete but Jackie now coming down with something. Could be heading for a nervous breakdown. Where will Petes loyalty lie? Moany taximan catching on at last and starting to mellow a bit. Whats the result of the paternity test gonna be? Is Bob the proud father of young doctor? Or is grumpy older doc still the dad? Maybe we'll know tonight soapies 8oc I believe. [With RTE you cant be sure]

Comment

• Love your reviews Paudge.....

Comment

• Gotta say I like that young actor playing Pete and Jackies son, Neil. I think he's very good, looks a bit like a young Sean Penn. Dolores not as much in the limelight now, its Jackie we're concerned with at the moment and her son Neil of course. It seems they both have some kind of mental issues. The young doc is really following in his fathers footsteps, calling in to check on Jackie unannounced and not asking for a penny. We should all move to Carrigstown soapies. Decco starting to regret taking Mondo and daughter in to live with him and Kerri-Ann, not very believeable really. Mondo still wants Keri, me thinks, whats Decco thinking? Jeeze the old Decco would have laughed at the very idea of inviting his girlfriend's old flame to come live with him and her. Saw Bob and Renay on the Late Late Friday night, they're a couple in real life . By the way, no Fair City on Thursday night, RTE doing the dirt on us again soapies. I'm going to send an E-Mail to the Director General demanding better treatment for the millions of Fair City fans. I will demand an hour long episode every time they [RTE] drop a showing. We gotta stick together on this soapies.

Comment

• Well Decco managed to get Mondo out of the gaff Poor Pete and Jackie are doing their best to ''sort'' Neil but getting no thanks from the other son. Decco's sister stealing from the centre, Charlie heard her admit to it, so he rewards her by promising to get her a wage for her work in future [She was doing it for work experience] Good man Charlie, that'll send out the right signals. Otherwise things quiet enough in Carrigstown, Dan, Robbie, Carol, Paul, Bella etc all keeping low profiles at the moment. Orla and Wayne busy with the baby and Jo has her hands full with the laundrette, which reminds me, gotta get the suit cleaned, engagement party next weekend. Sunday [I hope] 8oc, meet in The Station, will she be there?

Comment

• Well whats been happening in Carrigstown? Lets see, Jackie continues to follow son Neil around looking for a ''word''. Now soapies I have been a little ''concerned'' about Neil's ocd but now I'm frantic over his latest behaviour. Did you see what he did last night? He bought two pints for himself and Haley [young lady he's chasing] He took one sip, I think, dont think she got a chance to touch her's when he decided ''lets go'' Now people might leave drink behind them at the end of the night, after they've had a skinfull but not at the beginning of the night. Poor guy needs help fast, I mean he could give drink a bad name if he's not stopped. Good doc Shane still giving consultations in The Hungry Pig, McCoys,the supermarket and in the street and you can gate crash his surgery without an appointment and still he advises you, ALL FOR FREE. Real doctors watching this must cringe but hey docs, see the funny side of it and have a laugh at the very idea of it. My favourite barmaid Caoihe is pregnant, Demon Damien the man responisble. He threw a wobbler when she told him the news. Not the kind on support she needs Damien, man up for God sake. You dipped the wick, now pay for the oil. Rachel struggling with her exams, moany taxi man's daughter coping much better. On a happy note Orla and Wayne's baby, Junior, got the all clear from St Shane [doc]. Little problem with right ear but nothing that cant be fixed, child's not deaf as was feared. On that happy note we'll leave Carrigstown for now, look in tonight soapies, I hope to see you all there thats if RTE dont kick us in the ass again like they did last Sunday, yep, did it again, left us hanging, my moans falling on deaf ears.
              Last edited by paudge; 04-06-2015, 09:55 AM.

Comment

• Whats to become of poor Dolores? Surely she's not gonna die on us? Petes trying to do his best by her and son Neil. At least Neil seems to be on the mend, taking his meds and being nice to people, appreciating the support from his family but doesn't want anything to do with mum Jackie. Bob and Jane are determined to get Tommy out of Carrigstown but he seems equally determined to stay for his daughters sake. I'd say theres dirty tricks afoot, watch your back Tommy, Wayne and Orla dont want you around either for obvious reasons, Wayne Junior being the obvious reason. Tonight folks, I have it on good authority RTE will actually show it, see ya all 8pm.

Comment

• Dolores is seriously ill, I mean she's critical, I fear the worst. A lovely charitable person, she forgave her hubby Harry when he played away all those years ago. She forgave her son Wayne when he did away with all her money behind her back. She met a good man in Pete, was full of plans for the future and next thing she is at deaths door. Life is so unfair. We all know Dolores for a good many years now, Carrigstown wont be the same if we lose her. The next few days will be pretty stressful, I advise anyone whose not up for it to stay away, I'll keep you all informed as soon as I hear anything. Meanwhile Jane well and truly stitched Tommy up but I think Bob, of all people, will come to his rescue. Bob is basically a decent man, while he doesn't want Tommy around he certainly doesn't want him in jail. Bob believes Tommy belongs in hospital and he may not be far out on that one. Did you notice when the guards burst in the door and confronted Tommy he never said one word in his defence? As they lead him out the door, down the stairs to the squad car, he kept his mouth shut. Even Alfie Moon from across the water, who has trouble getting the words out in a tricky situation, would have attempted to protest his innocence but poor Tommy turned zombie the minute the guards arrived. He badly needs someone to speak on his behalf. Step up Bob and do the decent thing, you know the truth. Niamh seems to be regretting ever leaving Paul and gives the impression she would love to ''come home'' again but does Paul want her? Rachel certainly doesn't want her. To wrap up, RTE have assured me, the cameras will be in Carrigstown on Sunday at 8-30 as the nation anxiously sits at their television screens to learn the latest news on our beloved Dolores. Our thoughts and prayers are with you Dolly.

Comment

• Dolores still hanging in there. Poor Pete seems to have given up hope, was ready to talk funeral arrangements with Wayne, much to Waynes disgust. Doctor awaiting biopsy results which will decide poor Dolores' future, if she has one. Pete has started praying, ''what have we to lose?'' [by praying] he said to an amazed Wayne, who saw him go into prayer. Niamh definately wants back with Paul but no joy there. Well as I believed, Bob did the right thing. Told Jane to go to the cops or he would. Tommy out and in the clear but had a look on his face that said ''thats not the end of this'' Carrigstown General Hospital inundated with calls asking about our beloved Dolly. PLEASE dont call anymore soapies. The lines are jammed and most of you wont get through but you will be charged AND they wont give out information to anyone who isn't family. I will pass on all your best wishes to Wayne, Pete and hopefully Dolores.

Comment

• Love your soap roundups paudge. Informative and amusing at the same time. Well done... I never fail to read your reports.
                      'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

• Dolores showing signs of improvement, she's off the ventilater and sitting up talking. Pete somewhat over protective, pretty much ran Bella and Charlie from the hospital when they dropped in for a visit. No biopsy results yet but things definitely looking better for our Dolly. Jane still trying to drive Tommy away, still trying to cause trouble for him, even his daughter started doubting him and now Damien has asked him to leave the house. Doug loaned his brother Neil a car from the garage. Neil said he was going for a job interview on the southside but really just wanted to take new girlfriend for a ride. Think Doug's job at risk now, Paul's bound to find out about it. We will stay hopeful for Dolores soapies but we have to get biopsy results before we can breathe easy again. I will drop in tonight and see how the land lies.

Comment

• We have to take it Dolores is out of danger and on the road to recovery. The spotlight is on Tommy now. Wayne and Orla in bits in case Tommy is told he's Juniors real dad. Turns out Jane knows and is using it to her advantage, more or less blackmailing Wayne and Orla. Reckon they're gonna have to tell Tommy themselves, cant keep on being stressed out and giving Jane power over them. She ''asked'' for a raise last night, what next, a share in the profits? Doug had an accident in the garage, hurt his shoulder but no worries, Saint Shane came to his aid, put the shoulder back in place and advised an xray just to make sure no further damage. Rachel mentioned payment but Saint Shane dismissed the offer. I just cant say enough about this man, a living saint if ever there was one, they broke the mold when they made him. Mondo trying to make some money to show his little daughter a nice time when she comes to visit but think he's going to end up in trouble, a dicey little moneyspinner is there for him from a dicey female Watch out Mondo. Look in tonight folks and say hi to all in Carrigstown.

Comment

• We can all breathe easy now, Dolores home and well on the road to recovery. The news is out re Junior's parentage. It should be a relief to Wayne and Orla. Jane no longer has a hold over them. You'd think they would be relieved and a bit calmer now, wouldn't you? Not so,not as far as Wayne goes anyway. He's acting like a man demented, Orla handling it much better. I liked Neil better when he was wired to the Moon. He's taking his tabs now and just drifting along. Leo's girlfriend did a runner ahead of the posse, seems she owes the Social a lot of money. Leo talked of following her but he saw sense in time. Keep your chin up Leo, plenty more fish in the sea. Rachel getting very grown up looking, think her and Doug might become an item. Daddy Paul wont be pleased but hey ya cant have everything yer own way. See ya all Sunday night, 8-30 RTE1

Comment

• Think Wayne might be heading for a breakdown. Tommy cool and calm regards junior an Orla still handling things well, at least where Tommy/Junior are concerned. She's hiding the insurance news [there is no insurance] from Wayne and borrowing money unknown to him, bad move Orla.St Shane is hanging around with Dan and Robbie. The boys are on a winner with St Shane, free consultations are a nice little bonus. The boys dont exactly look like the docs type, especially Robbie but hey this doc is something else. A grumpy guy in a wheelchair and an unshaven dodgy type are just what the doctor ordered. Sunday, 8pm, hope McCoy's is open.

Comment

• Whats the latest gossip from Carrigstown? Lets see now. Rachel wants to leave home,dad Paul none too pleased. Guess you cant blame him, she's only 18 and he depends on her to help out with babysitting etc. Neil was chasing a job as a chef but lost out to someone else, blames Paul, reckons he bad mouthed him. A stranger turned up and it seems he was supposed to marry Ama back in Zambia [an arranged marriage] but she did a runner. Made her way to Carrigstown and never looked back. Has a grand little job in the health centre and has eyes for the lovely Dr Shane. This dude who turned up has made it clear he's staying around, think he's still chasing a bit of wedding cake and he's looking for a job. Where would he find work in Carrigstown? Pauls garage? A few shifts in McCoys, The Hungry Pig, The Station, maybe St Shane could make him a security man in the health centre? Dont worry oul son, you'll get fixed up with something. Wayne and Orla on rocky ground marriagewise. Mostly Waynes fault but Orla didn't help matters by lying about insurance money. Hughie gradually working his way in to the shop. He feels it should have passed to him when Christy died. He's managed to get his feet behind the counter and Christy's daughter is now in debt to him to the tune of five grand. Unless someone catches on to him he will own a share of the business at least. Dolores quietly getting on with her miraculous recovery in the background, Jackie keeping a low profile. Damien and his sis have called a truce for the moment regards selling the family home, she wants to, he doesn't. For a brief few moments it looked like Paul and Jackie might become an item but he said something about her son Doug and she took offence but still think he might sink the log there yet, lets see soapies, lets see. 8pm tonight RTE1

Comment

Working...
                                X