This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quinner View Post
    it is up to the government , the office of public information, and the nhs.....to provide information about health etc......not a television soap show....and that should be made clear...
    what, "the nanny state" Joe? That is true, but even in soaps reality should
    be reflected as far as is possible....it's insullting to victims of disease etc, and
    those who care for them, to gloss things over and misrepresent the situation-
    it's fiction, not fantasy...

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
      what, "the nanny state" Joe? That is true, but even in soaps reality should
      be reflected as far as is possible....it's insullting to victims of disease etc, and
      those who care for them, to gloss things over and misrepresent the situation-
      it's fiction, not fantasy...
      they have an ambition to entertain......to make money, to pay tax....so we can afford the experts to solve our health problems.....

any other way is a waste of scarce resources.....resources that we can ill afford to waste.........
      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

they have an ambition to entertain......to make money, to pay tax....so we can afford the experts to solve our health problems.....

any other way is a waste of scarce resources.....resources that we can ill afford to waste.........
        I don't really get your point- I think issue-led storylines are the most interesting to watch, because they deal with stuff people may face in everyday life....I hated the glossy dynasty style soaps.

Comment

I don't really get your point- I think issue-led storylines are the most interesting to watch, because they deal with stuff people may face in everyday life....I hated the glossy dynasty style soaps.
          my point is the health service is there to deal with health....all 90 billion of it.....

the office of public information is there to inform us of things we need to know.....

coronation street is there for kath to annoy me......and give her money to go on holiday,,,,,so i don't have to watch crap.....

Comment

my point is the health service is there to deal with health....all 90 billion of it.....

the office of public information is there to inform us of things we need to know.....

coronation street is there for kath to annoy me......and give her money to go on holiday,,,,,so i don't have to watch crap.....
            well no-one is asking you to......but for us who do, I don't think it's too much
            for us to ask for storylines to be properly researched- it enhances the quality
            of something which would, otherwise, be crap indeed.

Comment

well no-one is asking you to......but for us who do, I don't think it's too much
              for us to ask for storylines to be properly researched- it enhances the quality
              of something which would, otherwise, be crap indeed.
              i would not wish for you to miss such an enlightened experience....

i will stay in the real world.....

Comment

I hate the way Corrie's been trying to ape EastEnders with all this silly ganster
                stuff......the Tina and Tommy storyline was one big yawn.....and if it was that
                easy to round up the drug bloke and his gang, why didn't they just call the
                cops in the first place? Really weak storyline - I much prefer the relationships
                stuff, maybe with a bit of murder thrown in......

Comment

I hate the way Corrie's been trying to ape EastEnders with all this silly ganster
                  cops in the first place? Really weak storyline - I much prefer the relationships

put roy cropper on.........i need some sleep..

Comment

put roy cropper on.........i need some sleep..
                    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
                    I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                    Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Who would you murder in Corrie?

I think I'd do the dirty deed to the new(ish) owner of the Rovers and her husband -- a double murder.
                      'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
                        Who would you murder in Corrie?

I think I'd do the dirty deed to the new(ish) owner of the Rovers and her husband -- a double murder.
                        I think Michelle Collins is leaving anyway- maybe she'll be killed off. But definitely agree
                        about the husband.

Comment

Leanne is really getting on my nerves with her holier-than-thou attitude....
                          Peter and Carla weren't to know Simon had robbed the keys and was going
                          to abscond from school and get into the flat......and who doesn't have a bottle of plonk stored somewhere in their house?

Comment

I agree lots of us have a bottle of wine or few cans in the house,great when watcing the match.Leeanne overreacted.If I remember correctly she liked a glass of wine in the flat when she lived with Peter.The way her and Peter shouted and roared at eachother in front of Simon when he was in the hospital was deplorable. In real life they would have been thrown out.In this instance I have to place the blame on Leeanne.She should have stayed away.

Comment

Originally posted by paudge View Post
                              I agree lots of us have a bottle of wine or few cans in the house,great when watcing the match.Leeanne overreacted.If I remember correctly she liked a glass of wine in the flat when she lived with Peter.The way her and Peter shouted and roared at eachother in front of Simon when he was in the hospital was deplorable. In real life they would have been thrown out.In this instance I have to place the blame on Leeanne.She should have stayed away.
                              I think peter's right when he says it's about revenge for him going off with
                              Carla...I'm sure she cares about Simon, but at the end of the day it's all about
                              her being dumped....she needs to get over it....nick is still there waiting in
                              the wings.

Comment

I think peter's right when he says it's about revenge for him going off with
                                Carla...I'm sure she cares about Simon, but at the end of the day it's all about
                                her being dumped....she needs to get over it....nick is still there waiting in
                                the wings.
                                Katie I love Nick, He plays a great part. Leanne is driving me crazy.
                                Does Sally & hubby get back together.

Comment

Working...
                                X