Classic TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic TV

Going to start posting a few tv gems from yesteryear that you might remember or missed first time round. Mainly from the 70s and 80s as more home recording devices existed. If it's on YouTube it must be legal!

Cribb 1981, Victorian detective series with Alan Dobie and William Simons of later Heartbeat fame. Derek Fowlds actually appears in one of the later episodes.

A KM favourite

The Life and Times of David Lloyd George(1981)

Comment

Shoestring(1979)

A young Trevor Eve, fairly a head of it's time as a Private Detective with a history of mental illness.

Comment

Trevor Eve looks so young there. He was in a later series with Sue Johnson, I can't remember the name of it, he played a bad tempered detective. I think she played a profiler. Can anybody else remember it

Comment

Who remembers The Borgias ?

Comment

Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
            Trevor Eve looks so young there. He was in a later series with Sue Johnson, I can't remember the name of it, he played a bad tempered detective. I think she played a profiler. Can anybody else remember it
            Waking the Dead, it ran for a good few seasons.

Comment

I think this sitcom got only one season. A good concept that obviously didn’t grow legs.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
                I think this sitcom got only one season. A good concept that obviously didn’t grow legs.
                Ran apparently for 2 seasons, BBC didn't really do long run sitcoms like the US. Surprised they haven't dug this up for BBC4 especially with the passing of the Great Gambon.

Comment

Anyone remember The Adventure Game? The forerunner to the Crystal Maze.

Last edited by Napper Tandy; 09-12-2023, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X