No announcement yet.

Donaghmede Kilbarrack Sutton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Joan,no thats not the same guy but Im sure you came across Sean at some stage,he lived in Donamede too and frequented the Inn farly regulary.I was only joking about George Clooney,its really Brad Pitt I look like.Was over in the shopping centre this morning,great bargains in the wine dept.Lots going for half price,was goning to pick up a few bottles when I remembered its fathers day this weekend,I live in hope.

Comment

Originally posted by paudge View Post
      Hi Joan,no thats not the same guy but Im sure you came across Sean at some stage,he lived in Donamede too and frequented the Inn farly regulary.I was only joking about George Clooney,its really Brad Pitt I look like.Was over in the shopping centre this morning,great bargains in the wine dept.Lots going for half price,was goning to pick up a few bottles when I remembered its fathers day this weekend,I live in hope.
      Not in work today, Or I certainly would have spotted a Brad Pitt lookalike, WE do have a Sean Connery Look alike who come in occasionally, People always stop and stare at him. We also used to have Sean Dunphy come in, A great funster we would have the whole shop singing "If I could Choose!

Comment

It was very sad losing Sean Dunphy.He lived quite near me but funny enough I rarely saw him around.We must remember he did better than Jedword in the Eurovision.coming 2nd to Sandy Shaw with Puppet On A String.He was a nice singer and nice person too,he remained a real oul dub all the way through.

Comment

Funny you should say he was a quiet man because that was his favourite picture, He loved John Wayne and Maureen O Hara, He had endless copies and articles about them copied and laminated, There must be a right lot of them left behind, He wasn't that quiet when he got bantering he could be a right scream, I did like his voice

Comment

Well how about that? Seans second name was O'Neill and I wouldn't be surprised if you knew him,Sean had a way of making himself known.I have often dropped in to that shop,you might have served me.I'm the guy who looks like George Clooney,ha ha
            Not the Sean O'Neill who was once an ambulance paramedic (they were called attendents then) and used to live in Harmonstown?
            'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Sorry Rashers,not the same Sean.the one I knew worked in the Post Office and later worked for an insurance company I think.

Comment

Joan I would have loved a chat with Sean Dunphy.One of my all time favourite films is The Quiet Man and John Wayne is my fav cowboy actor.Me and Sean would have had a lot to chat about.Maureen O'Hara was a beaut,I had a big crush on her when I was a schoolboy.She still looks good today at 90.Theres still a few left from Hollywood's golden days,like Doris Day and Kirk Douglas.My boyhood idol was Tony Curtis who sadly went earlier this year.

Comment

Joan I would have loved a chat with Sean Dunphy.One of my all time favourite films is The Quiet Man and John Wayne is my fav cowboy actor.Me and Sean would have had a lot to chat about.Maureen O'Hara was a beaut,I had a big crush on her when I was a schoolboy.She still looks good today at 90.Theres still a few left from Hollywood's golden days,like Doris Day and Kirk Douglas.My boyhood idol was Tony Curtis who sadly went earlier this year.
                  Well Paudge, I only knew your friend Seanie to see, My sons knew him well, My Late husband was a well known customer in the Donaghmede Inn at one time, He being fond of a drink,

He died ten years ago and he was barred about five years prior to that lol!.

Not for causing trouble. He was very strong on history and geography, Having sailed the world many times in the P@O lines.

He went on to work in Guinness, When he retired early he spent most of his day there, Always talking about history and such like. Customers complained that he would sit with them and start to talk about heavy duty stuff, so he was barred, although the barman said he usually bought all his complainers a drink first so it was a bit hard to complain after they had received his hospitality.

I was glad he was barred, I got a lot more work done at home, It meant he had to go to town to drink and that was an all day affair and he would stay over with his sister who lived in town.

I share your love of the Northside and I love my seawalks etc. My brother Frank10 on this forum lived in Bayside for many years, Bayside Boulvard I think also have many friends there
                  Last edited by joan mack; 18-06-2011, 09:26 PM.

Comment

I see the "Donaghmede Inn " will not reopen and is closing down......
                    The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

It has been bought by Wetherspoons as it is rumoured,. Also Madigans in Kilbarrack is rumoured to be another Wetherspoons My Kids like that place, I have never been in one. I had forgotten about this thread and my friend Paudge

Comment

Working...
                      X