This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by quinner View Post
    sorry don't know that.....but there was another motorcycle shop behind the photographer.....well, they sold motorcycles in a gated off laneway....half of the fire escapeway for the skating rink.....
    Thanks for that quinner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fortypence View Post
      Do any of you know who's motorcycle shop is next door to the pub?
      I'm just curious.

The photo in post number 5250.
      From memory that shop was called " Lindsays "and I believe they were agents

foe Suziki Motorcycles.A friend of mine had a Suzuki and I'm certain he brought

his machine back there for service.As I've said before I could be mistaken.

Comment

• Originally posted by camden View Post

Just had a google and found this. You where spot on Camden http://www.classicbikersclub.com/new...ike-collection

Comment

• Originally posted by Martinb View Post
          That alleyway Quinner - Is that on any maps? why get rid of it?
          you can see it on this map......

the flats were built right across the end of the alley.....the bit that was left, was between the automac factory and the flats playground....

note where whitefriar street meets golden lane now......and where it used to meet it....
          Attached Files
          Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by camden View Post

Harry Lindsay is indeed well known and well like amongst bikers/racers world wide.
            A lovely link in jeangenies post too. I remember harry talking about selling off his collection as his advancing years had left almost unable to care for his amazing collection of bikes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rashers View Post
              That photo was taken in a Summerhill backyard about 1965. The kid on the extreme right is Albert Moran who lived next door to us in the 60s. As far as I know Albert still lives in the area.
              thanks rashers,

i thought he looked like one of the lawless`s from ringsend, maybe i`v seen albert around dublin at that time, his face is very familiar.
              in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

• Originally posted by cosmo View Post
                thanks rashers,

i thought he looked like one of the lawless`s from ringsend, maybe i`v seen albert around dublin at that time, his face is very familiar.
                There should be a few more photos of Albert, with him in and some that he took, back in this thread.
                'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

• Ahh ya have to laugh ! Yer man lighting the road lamp and it sittin on top of a gas bottle!!!!! Jazess only in Ireland!

Comment

There should be a few more photos of Albert, with him in and some that he took, back in this thread.
                    rashers,

just an after thought, my wife has cousins named moran so maybe theres a visual connection there..
                    in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

Albert Moran n Anto Doran Summerhill 1963. First posted by R5.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by DAMNTHEWEATHER; 04-01-2013, 10:05 AM.
                      We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

• The Piles Buildings Kids 1964/65 edited...first posted by Bridge.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• kenny's and Finnigan's Pubs Golden lane.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Edited; The man whofirst posted this one might be too shy to post it again...so here yiz ar. Great hair-doos
                            Attached Files

Comment

Mr Moran again....one of yours doctored. Albert Moran n friend Terry Kelly's and Nangles there behind him.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                                Mr Moran again....one of yours doctored. Albert Moran n friend Terry Kelly's and Nangles there behind him.
                                I served me alcoholic apprenticeship in Terry Kelly's.... I lived next door just out of picture. Well done Noel for finding that one. Albert still plays the guitar only now he gets paid for it.
                                'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Working...
                                X