What Are You Reading ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
    anyone any suggestions for a decent read???? ive just finished the Power of positive thinking by the Peales, and my brain is sorta fried..i read it way way back in the day and decided to wade thro it again to see if it was still applicable....now its not summer reading and running back and forth with kids isnt the ideal climate to read it in.....I downloaded the girl with the pearl earring over the weekend...but its not doing it for me...all suggestions welcome...maybe im going thro a dry period with reading..happens now and then..
    Get yerself stuck inte "Don't Wake me At Doyles" be Maura Murphy....but be prepared.

"Maura Murphy was born in Clongmore, Country Offaly, in 1928. She left Ballybryan National School when she was fourteen with "no qualifications and even fewer prospects." She worked as a domestic servant in various houses in Dublin until she met and married John Murphy, a soldier stationed at Portobello Barracks. The couple moved to Birmingham, England, in 1959 where they reared nine children. They have eleven grandchildren and one great-grandchild. Maura now lives in Birmingham, England, in the West Midlands."
    Attached Files
    We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
      Good choice.....I'm still lookin for dem steps ye know.......
      They're in front of the GPO.......everyone knows that......

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
        They're in front of the GPO.......everyone knows that......
        How silly of me....
        (PS; Is it ok to call you I**** from time to time like I and others have done in the past on forums..... Oil let ye call me Noel if ye agree).
        We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

anyone any suggestions for a decent read???? ive just finished the Power of positive thinking by the Peales, and my brain is sorta fried..i read it way way back in the day and decided to wade thro it again to see if it was still applicable....now its not summer reading and running back and forth with kids isnt the ideal climate to read it in.....I downloaded the girl with the pearl earring over the weekend...but its not doing it for me...all suggestions welcome...maybe im going thro a dry period with reading..happens now and then..
          Gosh Helen, i read the power of positive thinking for young people when i was a teenager, some good stuff in it. My mum gave me a copy of The power of positive living recently & i still have not picked it up yet. Norman vincent peale wrote these boiks as 'self help' books. These are not novels, more like read a chapter a day & apply those tools to everyday life.

Currently reading a Josephine cox novel, Alley urchin, about a prison convict who was shipped to Perth WA. I am now halfway through it, reading about her family in the UK. Setting is 1870's. Its one of an Emma grady triology.
          Last edited by Suzieq; 09-07-2016, 11:57 AM. Reason: Typos.
          UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Me horror scope .

Comment

hahaha TB lol

i'll look online and see if i can download it DTW and get an synopsis if its blood guts and garters im in....if its about baking short bread and getting in touch with feelings im out....

suzie i wanted to give the book to one of my grandkids but wasnt sure if its applicable now..i sorta dont think hed read it to be honest it is sorta dated..

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                How silly of me....
                (PS; Is it ok to call you I**** from time to time like I and others have done in the past on forums..... Oil let ye call me Noel if ye agree).
                Well I won't stop you, but I like being Katie/KM on here.....sort of feel I AM Katie when I'm logged on......

Comment

Very rare......!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ha ha!

Comment

wheres your book suzie...did i waste my valuable time shuffling over here?

Comment

Hush now...

books-lrr7.jpg
                        Everything is self-evident.

Comment

well!!!!!

I just finished liams book...Who Remembers Keogh Square.....Id totally recommend it...it was ideal for me for the past week or so cos i didnt have the time to sit and follow a novel...and someone actually stole the book on me lol....although i did get it back eventually...

the research he put into it and it was great reading the history of an area i just past thro in dublin and didnt pay much attention to.....and the old photos he has in it......really enjoyed it..

thanks liam.

Comment

well!!!!!

I just finished liams book...Who Remembers Keogh Square.....Id totally recommend it...it was ideal for me for the past week or so cos i didnt have the time to sit and follow a novel...and someone actually stole the book on me lol....although i did get it back eventually...

the research he put into it and it was great reading the history of an area i just past thro in dublin and didnt pay much attention to.....and the old photos he has in it......really enjoyed it..

thanks liam.
                            Will make a point of getting a copy of Twangman's new book ASAP.
                            Everything is self-evident.

Comment

just now reading, hidden Dublin by frank Hopkins and and next, fighting irish, by gavin hughes, the irish regiments in world war one...... also browsing some of the newspapers that were on sale during the 1916 celebrations, some great news and daily living stories and pics/ads from the period. ...I had lots of time to read and surf the web over the last two months but glad to say back to work on Monday.
                              in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

well!!!!!

thanks liam.
                                That book was launched last week, some great pics on liam & michael's fb pages.

Anyhow i borrowed a josephine cox novel from finglas library, called the whistledown woman, again set in the late 19th century & early 20th century. I have 4 chapters read so far. DTW where are u & let us know wharra u reading??
                                UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X