This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
    You are lucky Kell we had a very shower, as we often do. I left the rooflights open and had to mop up water
    Are they like Velux windows. I wouldnt have them as ive seen many times over the years people forgetting to close them and like yourself have to mop up the house, the office, the shops and factories

Comment

• Yes they are and also it is a nuisance having to stand on something to open them. I am not tall, I can close them with the handle of a mop but not open them. There is also another disadvantage. I tend to leave them open a lot to air the room and lots of dust particles and other small bits from the roof come in and land on whatever is underneath. They came with the house. I would not buy them myself

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
        Yes they are and also it is a nuisance having to stand on something to open them. I am not tall, I can close them with the handle of a mop but not open them. There is also another disadvantage. I tend to leave them open a lot to air the room and lots of dust particles and other small bits from the roof come in and land on whatever is underneath. They came with the house. I would not buy them myself
        They are great for airing/ventilating a house but they are a bloody nuisance

Comment

• That is about the size of it

Comment

• Morning all......Not a bad morning at all
            The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• Good Morning everyone The weather is never as bad here as predicted, But I did hear the breeze last night, Thank God a lot calmer this morning

Comment

• Morning ..

Comment

• Mornng all, raining and windy all night, terrible weather here not a day for going out

Comment

• Good Morning everyone quite a nice morning, I am up since seven AM I have painters arriving to paint my hall stairs and landing and I am dreading it, But must be done

Comment

• Morning ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Twobob View Post
                        Morning ...
                        Morning tb & all
                        The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• Originally posted by joan mack View Post
                          Good Morning everyone quite a nice morning, I am up since seven AM I have painters arriving to paint my hall stairs and landing and I am dreading it, But must be done
                          Good morning all I am facing the same job myself soon Joan and the boss wants the whole downstairs painted also. I done all upstairs last summer

Comment

• Yes Summer is the time to paint, I can't put on the heating because they are sweating and I am freezing, Might go for a walk but they might want tea, They promised to finish early and come back tomorrow. Like your Boss its only the start once you begin you notice every other room looks tired, I have no wall paper all rooms painted, So it looks like I will have to get used to early mornings for as time

Comment

• Afternoon all. Joan it will be worth it in the end

Comment

• I was supposed to paint the box room months ago, and now I am going to try do it in the next few days, there are layers of paper on the walls and then wood chip as the top layer, today I pulled some off and all the layers except the one closest to the wall came off together, date on the wallpaper closest to the wall written in ink or biro
                                Sept 25th 1962

Comment

Working...
                                X