foreign aid budget....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• foreign aid budget....

the UK foreign aid budget this year will be twelve and a half billion.......

in view of the recession is this a good idea.......?

imo......any foreign aid that goes to a country that is not affected by rampant corruption.....is a good idea......
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Originally posted by quinner View Post

imo......any foreign aid that goes to a country that is not affected by rampant corruption.....is a good idea......
    All western countries should put an end to this farce called foreign aid.None of this money ever reaches the needynand the donating countries all seem to have to borrow to pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed O'Gorman View Post
      All western countries should put an end to this farce called foreign aid.None of this money ever reaches the needynand the donating countries all seem to have to borrow to pay for it.
      that's the way it seems ed.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ed O'Gorman View Post
        Ed, I agree with your every word..
        You got to have a twinkle in your wrinkle.

Comment

The British government appear to be leading the charge for developed nations to increase their budget to 0.7% of GDP. But... if you look closer at the manner in which they propose to account for that budget it becomes obvious that a significant proportion of it is arrived at by re-allocating monies they're already spending. For example... a new definition of 'foreign aid' will include monies spent on UN sanctioned peacekeeping duties, monies spent on housing and supporting refugees from developing countries... even grants given to overseas university students - provided they're from developing nations. Also... monies loaned to the IMF for aid to struggling African or Asian economies can now be classified as 'foreign aid'...
          Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
            The British government appear to be leading the charge for developed nations to increase their budget to 0.7% of GDP. But... if you look closer at the manner in which they propose to account for that budget it becomes obvious that a significant proportion of it is arrived at by re-allocating monies they're already spending. For example... a new definition of 'foreign aid' will include monies spent on UN sanctioned peacekeeping duties, monies spent on housing and supporting refugees from developing countries... even grants given to overseas university students - provided they're from developing nations. Also... monies loaned to the IMF for aid to struggling African or Asian economies can now be classified as 'foreign aid'...

you give......it is aid....

where there is corruption......as far as I am concerned......is a no go...

Comment

you give......it is aid....

where there is corruption......as far as I am concerned......is a no go...
              So.. you're only against overseas aid when it's supporting a corrupt regime ?? Think most people would agree with that...

Comment

that's the way it seems ed.....
                Tell us why countries pay foreign aid, in your own words..... if you can that is.
                We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

So.. you're only against overseas aid when it's supporting a corrupt regime ?? Think most people would agree with that...
                  good, but as I asked........

I think it should be decreased during a recession........and increased during a boom...

that way I think you would a more support for it.......

Comment

good, but as I asked........

I think it should be decreased during a recession........and increased during a boom...

that way I think you would a more support for it.......
                    Well... it's based on GDP... so it should go up and down depending on the state of the economy.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                      Tell us why countries pay foreign aid, in your own words..... if you can that is.

I believe if you google a bit, you don't need my help......

Ukraine is one of the most corrupt countries in Europe.......

Comment

Well... it's based on GDP... so it should go up and down depending on the state of the economy.

not a great idea imo........

my example would be......

I get x amount of income........

I need y amount to live on.......

the difference between y and x.....is what I spend on my family and others......

if my income goes below y.......I spend nothing on them......and even if I offered, I hope they would have the decency to refuse........

Comment

I believe if you google a bit, you don't need my help......

Ukraine is one of the most corrupt countries in Europe.......

i'll give you a fairly recent hint.......GORDON BROWN....G8..

NO MORE CLUES........google your recent history.....

Comment

not a great idea imo........

my example would be......

I get x amount of income........

I need y amount to live on.......

the difference between y and x.....is what I spend on my family and others......

if my income goes below y.......I spend nothing on them......and even if I offered, I hope they would have the decency to refuse........
                            I suggest you increase y so that y=1.25(x)...then hand them a bill.

Comment

I suggest you increase y so that y=1.25(x)...then hand them a bill.

cogs.....I don't even want a shroud when I die.......having a surplus, frightens the shoite outa me......

listen carefully to this (I am whispering, I don't want DTW to hear it}

in the old days....countries gave developing countries aid for various reasons....

like...

for major infrastructure projects.....

to help build workable administrations.....

for defence purposes.....

setting up food production and cash crop projects......

and many other sensible reasons......

a few years ago....GOBSHOITE GORDON BROWN, at a G8 meeting.....picked out all sorts of ridiculous percentages ......

the result of that is......many countries renage on their promises.....

and as you mentioned earlier, aid now has lost it's original purpose.......and countries don't give a feck where it goes......so long as they can say.......we kept our promise.....

it is a farce.....

ps, don't tell DAMNTHEWEATHER........

Comment

Working...
                              X