• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by quinner View Post
    Australia?
    U.S of A

Comment

• Bought Planxty "Black Album" when it came out in 1973.....haven't played it in about 10 years....until today ...still as great as i've always remembered ....might play it again tomorrow!!!
      The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• Originally posted by dinny View Post
        Bought Planxty "Black Album" when it came out in 1973.....haven't played it in about 10 years....until today ...still as great as i've always remembered ....might play it again tomorrow!!!
        Great band, but I was first introduced to them from “ A feast of Irish Folk Music “

Comment

• There is a fake Santa clause virus for adult sheep going around......called COVID ....fake as fook.

Comment

• Originally posted by dinny View Post
            Bought Planxty "Black Album" when it came out in 1973.....haven't played it in about 10 years....until today ...still as great as i've always remembered ....might play it again tomorrow!!!
            Their best album - and they barely made a penny out of it.
            Everything is self-evident.

Comment

• Sherry and port will get you drunk more quickly than most other alcoholic drinks... and they also cause the worst hangovers, doctor warns
              Sherry and port provide the 'optimum way of getting very drunk very fast'
              Dr Hal Sosabowski of Brighton University analysed the effects of the tipple
              They contain relatively high volume of alcohol and get into bloodstream easily.
              I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
              Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

• Originally posted by jembo View Post
                Sherry and port will get you drunk more quickly than most other alcoholic drinks... and they also cause the worst hangovers, doctor warns
                Sherry and port provide the 'optimum way of getting very drunk very fast'
                Dr Hal Sosabowski of Brighton University analysed the effects of the tipple
                They contain relatively high volume of alcohol and get into bloodstream easily.
                They say that drinking excessive amounts brings on dementia at an early stage. Remind me to stay away from that crap!
                I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

• Originally posted by jembo View Post
                  They say that drinking excessive amounts brings on dementia at an early stage. Remind me to stay away from that crap!
                  Gave up nineteen years ago.....Not even an odd shandy for years now....
                  Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

• Origin of the Chainsaw ... 2 Scottish doctors 1783/85 , used for cutting through the pelvic bone of pregnant women [breech births] .
                    Last edited by Twobob; 07-05-2021, 01:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twobob View Post
                      Origin of the Chainsaw ... 2 Scottish doctors 1783/85 , used for cutting through the pelvic bone of pregnant women [breech births] .
                      Not far from here is the Sanger/Welcome institute....I worked in there twenty years ago......
                      Along the wall of a very long corridor the whole DNA structure of a mouse is displayed....An amazing piece work indeed...

Comment

Origin of the Chainsaw ... 2 Scottish doctors 1783/85 , used for cutting through the pelvic bone of pregnant women [breech births] .
                        Interesting stuff, Twobob. More on this here:

Comment

• Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                          Interesting stuff, Twobob. More on this here:

https://allthatsinteresting.com/symphysiotomy
                          Pre anesthetic , tears in my eyes listening to it .

Suppose it gives a whole new meaning to the " family tree " ...
                          Last edited by Twobob; 07-05-2021, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Pre anesthetic , tears in my eyes listening to it .
                            I worked in the Royal College of Surgeons in London......They have the Skeleton of ''Murphy'' the seven foot odd Irishman.....

The old instruments they have on display there are frightening......

Comment

• Budget , derived from the French word ' Bouge / Bag ' , bulging purse ..... chancellor of the exchequer holding it up outside number 10 .

Sometimes not so bulgy ..lol .

Comment

• Seen a nature programme , one of the small type birds [finch / tit ?] will lay an egg each day for 8 consecutive days , size of the egg in comparison to the bird would be equal to a woman giving birth to a baby each day for 8 days and each baby weighing 18lbs ............. yiz thought ye had it bad ... lol .

Quinner you know which one ?? ....

Comment

Working...
                                X