No announcement yet.

Useless Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Twobob;569070]Seen a nature programme , one of the small type birds [finch / tit ?] will lay an egg each day for 8 consecutive days , size of the egg in comparison to the bird would be equal to a woman giving birth to a baby each day for 8 days and each baby weighing 18lbs ............. yiz thought ye had it bad ... lol .

I didn't bother with all that giving birth malarkey, 3 caesarians, don't suppose the birds have that option though

Comment

• [QUOTE=KatieMorag;569077]
      Originally posted by Twobob View Post
      Seen a nature programme , one of the small type birds [finch / tit ?] will lay an egg each day for 8 consecutive days , size of the egg in comparison to the bird would be equal to a woman giving birth to a baby each day for 8 days and each baby weighing 18lbs ............. yiz thought ye had it bad ... lol .

I didn't bother with all that giving birth malarkey, 3 caesarians, don't suppose the birds have that option though
      lol ..

Comment

• Did you know?
        Swifts are among the fastest of birds, and larger species been reported travelling at up to 169*km/h (105*mph)in level flight.In a single year the common swift can cover at least 200,000*km. and in a lifetime, about two million kilometers; enough to fly to the Moon five times over.[
        I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
        Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

• Originally posted by jembo View Post
          Did you know?
          Swifts are among the fastest of birds, and larger species been reported travelling at up to 169*km/h (105*mph)in level flight.In a single year the common swift can cover at least 200,000*km. and in a lifetime, about two million kilometers; enough to fly to the Moon five times over.[

Amazing stuff jembo......
          Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jembo View Post
            Did you know?
            They certainly beat Bus Eireann Jembo

Comment

• Durham is the only county in England that is preceded by "County/Co." This is presumably to distinguish it from the City of Durham. None of the other English counties have a town or city with the same name, as far as I know - "Shire" is usually tacked onto the name of the principal town.

Comment

• Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                Durham is the only county in England that is preceded by "County/Co." This is presumably to distinguish it from the City of Durham. None of the other English counties have a town or city with the same name, as far as I know - "Shire" is usually tacked onto the name of the principal town.
                Shire is for county ... yeah ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Twobob View Post
                  Shire is for county ... yeah ?
                  Yes, but not all the counties have "shire" in their names

Comment

• On the other hand all Irish counties are pre fixed with "co" even though they might not have a town with the same name. For example I don't think there's a town called "offaly" or "Clare" - are there any more like that?

Comment

• Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                      On the other hand all Irish counties are pre fixed with "co" even though they might not have a town with the same name. For example I don't think there's a town called "offaly" or "Clare" - are there any more like that?
                      Loads....Louth / Laois / Kerry / Meath / Westmeath / Leitrim / Mayo...
                      The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• The shire counties were governed by a royal official known as a "shire reeve”or sheriff. This system was introduced to America, and that’s why they have Sheriffs over there.

Comment

• Did you know Tio Pepe is made from Palomino grapes?

Comment

• No I didn't know that at all

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
                              No I didn't know that at all
                              Goes back Manuel Gonzalez and an English man called Robert Blake Byass in 1835.

Comment

• Did you know that the uniforms for the SS were designed by Hugo Boss, presumably the grandfather of the present person

Comment

Working...
                                X