Useless Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by quinner View Post

Can't see why not...Easter depends on the phases of the moon so if you go back it must be possible.....Was it a Friday? LOL.
    T'was .

Comment

• Originally posted by Twobob View Post

T'was .
      Not a good Friday for the Boss then....
      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Not a good Friday for the Boss then....
        To say the least ..

Comment

• Originally posted by Twobob View Post

To say the least ..
          I bet that Pilate fella had a Hot-Cross Bum....

Comment

• Martin Cooper invented the mobile phone 3 April 1973. 1st mobile phone went on sale in USA for 4000dollors in 1983 and Richie Kavanagh sang a funny song about them.My girlfriends got a mobile phone and we never get a minute alone ,everytime I ask her for a kiss ,she says hold on now till I answer this

Comment

• Originally posted by DP Kilfo View Post
              Martin Cooper invented the mobile phone 3 April 1973. 1st mobile phone went on sale in USA for 4000dollors in 1983 and Richie Kavanagh sang a funny song about them.My girlfriends got a mobile phone and we never get a minute alone ,everytime I ask her for a kiss ,she says hold on now till I answer this
              I remember running around with a mobile phone in 1962...The battery was the size of a big biscuit tin and the range was about ten miles....call sign Three Two Bravo...

Comment

I remember running around with a mobile phone in 1962...The battery was the size of a big biscuit tin and the range was about ten miles....call sign Three Two Bravo...
                My first phone was 1988 and sorry I didn't keep it might be worth something if sold by weight.

Comment

My first phone was 1988 and sorry I didn't keep it might be worth something if sold by weight.
                  Mine was 1994 , I still have the same number, different prefix.

Comment

• Several decades after the filming of "Jaws" (1975), Lee Fierro, who played Mrs. Kintner, walked into a seafood restaurant and noticed that the menu had an "Alex Kintner Sandwich." She commented that she had played his mother so many years ago. The owner of the restaurant ran out to meet her - none other than Jeffrey Voorhees, who had played her son. They hadn't seen each other since the original movie shoot.

Roy Scheider stated in an interview that in the scene where Fierro smacks him in the face in "Jaws," she was actually hitting him. Apparently, the actress could not fake a slap and so the seventeen takes were some of the "most painful" of his acting career. Also, Fierro stated in several interviews that in one of the takes when she slapped Roy Scheider, his glasses fell off.

Nicki Galland, a novelist who credits Fierro for inspiring her creativity, said that Fierro “was tickled by [her film notoriety]. She found it really entertaining. She would say, ‘If you told me that’s what I’d be known for, I wouldn’t believe it.’ She had no screen training. She trained as a theater actor.”

During the period after the filming of "Jaws," Lee operated a children's theatre in Tisbury Martha's Vineyard with friend Mary Payne. Lee was a well known force for acting and the performing arts for the citizens of Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts.​

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles View Post

Mine was 1994 , I still have the same number, different prefix.
                      Mine was 2004 ...........[ late to the party ] .

Comment

Martin Cooper invented the mobile phone 3 April 1973. 1st mobile phone went on sale in USA for 4000dollors in 1983 and Richie Kavanagh sang a funny song about them.My girlfriends got a mobile phone and we never get a minute alone ,everytime I ask her for a kiss ,she says hold on now till I answer this
                        Remember Kojack used to have one in his car , around 1975.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles View Post

Remember Kojack used to have one in his car , around 1975.
                          That's the brother in law's nickname since around that time , his mate was called Falcon Eddie , from Rich man poor man .

Comment

That's the brother in law's nickname since around that time , his mate was called Falcon Eddie , from Rich man poor man .
                            There was loads of Kojacks around then. If you were in any way folically challenged, you were stuck with that moniker.

Comment

• More useless information. Until recently i never knew that Art had been an Olympic event. I was told that an Irish artist Mainie Jellet represented Ireland in the 1928 games in Amsterdam. Must have been exciting to watch. Vico would probably have stayed up all night watching it

Comment

• Originally posted by kellier View Post
                                More useless information. Until recently i never knew that Art had been an Olympic event. I was told that an Irish artist Mainie Jellet represented Ireland in the 1928 games in Amsterdam. Must have been exciting to watch. Vico would probably have stayed up all night watching it
                                And Ireland haven’t won an Olympic athletics gold medal since 1956. They might win one this year with the relay team.

Comment

Working...
                                X