This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
    exactly what i said suzie...but heres another thing i should.....mods dont really have personal opinions, but put them aside to be fair.......im glad rippo is keeping you updated, and also remember weve always said..things are not exactly as you see or hear.....
    As Rashers said it was a serious matter & I know yiz are doing a tough job butyou do it well!!
    UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

thank you darling.........

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
        Okay, as none of those surmising why Riposte was banned know why or what they are posting about, I shall just say that it was for a very serious matter, a matter that carries a life ban without exception on all boards that I know of with the exception of one.

He was given plenty of warning but chose not only to ignore them but made matters even worse leaving no alternative but to impose a ban.

Due to the seriousness of this matter I don't propose to go into any further explanation as to do so could make matters worse, that no one who has posted so far in this thread, would understand without being in possession of the whole story.

Those of you here long enough will know that I have never banned anyone, except for minimal bans on one member for being a pest, and only after practically begging him to desist. So I ask you to trust my decision on this matter until such time it is resolved or otherwise.

In due course I hope to be able to tell you more.
        Sounds reasonable, I'll await further decision and hope that whatever Riposte did will not occur again and that he'll do the time like a reasonable man. Then when he comes back he can get his own back !! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Patch View Post
          Sounds reasonable, I'll await further decision and hope that whatever Riposte did will not occur again and that he'll do the time like a reasonable man. Then when he comes back he can get his own back !! lol
          Riposte is pissed off at being banned! It was all to do with learning irish & he did insult a moderator & if he had attacked their post only then he mightn't have gotten banned! I'd say he can still see posts on here though!
          UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzieq View Post
            Riposte is pissed off at being banned! It was all to do with learning irish & he did insult a moderator & if he had attacked their post only then he mightn't have gotten banned! I'd say he can still see posts on here though!
            how long is the ban for
            Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
              how long is the ban for
              From what he told me it could've been 3 days but it's been extended to the 17th July. This is a very good poet we're talking about here!
              UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                exactly what i said suzie...but heres another thing i should.....mods dont really have personal opinions, but put them aside to be fair.......im glad rippo is keeping you updated, and also remember weve always said..things are not exactly as you see or hear.....
                WOOoooooo....very crptic!!

Comment

From what he told me it could've been 3 days but it's been extended to the 17th July. This is a very good poet we're talking about here!
                  well, i do not like to see anybody banned...but that is life, there must be valid reasons...i will welcome him back
                  Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
                    well, i do not like to see anybody banned...but that is life, there must be valid reasons...i will welcome him back
                    He is on the other forum now if ya want to pm him & he will give u his side of the story!
                    UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                      i'm only new here so maybe i shouldnt be speaking my mind on this topic but i have just read the locked thread on using irish in posts and i think cogito and riposte were just trying to stir things up...maybe score some points over a different issue or something
                      i dont know but thats how it looks to me and i think the move to ban him is right because he wouldnt agree to meet half way over the issue
                      Jim, you are entitled to your opinion of course but most of the regular posters have known Riposte and Cogito both as posters and on a more personal level for some time and I have to say I do not believe that either of them would "stir
                      things up" for the sake of it.

Comment

It had nothing at all to do with learning Irish nor with insulting anyone. If it were that simple he wouldn't have been banned.
                        'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                          Jim, you are entitled to your opinion of course but most of the regular posters have known Riposte and Cogito both as posters and on a more personal level for some time and I have to say I do not believe that either of them would "stir
                          things up" for the sake of it.
                          It had nothing to do with 'stirring things up' Katie. We've had all that and no one was ever banned.

Listen, most know me here and how I moderate. Most have seem my wars with cammo... was he ever banned? Never! Who did I ever ban? You all know that and it was never a real ban, just a sort of warning to get the poster to stop being a pest.

So please trust me when I say that I was left with no alternative in this case.

I must say that anyone agitating for the lifting of the ban is not helping me nor Riposte. So this one time I'm asking people just to have faith and trust me. Things will hopefully be sorted soon.

Comment

He is on the other forum now if ya want to pm him & he will give u his side of the story!
                            Keeping in mind that there are two sides to every story.

I'm curious though. Suzie, why can't you accept what I've said here? Have I ever been heavyhanded with anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
                              It had nothing to do with 'stirring things up' Katie. We've had all that and no one was ever banned.

Listen, most know me here and how I moderate. Most have seem my wars with cammo... was he ever banned? Never! Who did I ever ban? You all know that and it was never a real ban, just a sort of warning to get the poster to stop being a pest.

So please trust me when I say that I was left with no alternative in this case.

I must say that anyone agitating for the lifting of the ban is not helping me nor Riposte. So this one time I'm asking people just to have faith and trust me. Things will hopefully be sorted soon.
                              Ok point taken Jim. Let's hope this Is sorted soon.

Jim you were close to banning camou at one time but he left at his own volition!!
                              UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

we trust you jim and always do... your doing a great work on here dont have to explain you did the right decision...

Comment

Working...
                                X