This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riposte!! WTF !!!!!

Just seen that Riposte is banned !!! For what ????? If Riposte is not fit to be a member of this forum then neither am I - but before I exit - can someone explain why he was banned ??
    Everything is self-evident.

Yeah gang , ..... what gives ???

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
      Just seen that Riposte is banned !!! For what ????? If Riposte is not fit to be a member of this forum then neither am I - but before I exit - can someone explain why he was banned ??
      Feel the same way my friend................and I miss him

Comment

Originally posted by eithne View Post
        Feel the same way my friend................and I miss him
        Ripost and myself have totally different views, however I would never ever fell he was anything honest in his opinions, never seen him mean..............or belittling to anyone

Comment

Originally posted by eithne View Post
          Ripost and myself have totally different views, however I would never ever fell he was anything honest in his opinions, never seen him mean..............or belittling to anyone
          I agree Eithne, and I'm wondering what happened to the "minimal moderation",
          lack of "heavy-handedness," and treating the members as adults? It seems
          to me that Riposte's only "crime" was to voice an opinion.....

Comment

from what i saw he spoke irish and he didnt have a mammy who was a moderatar on the site,

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
              He criticized one of the mods in a thread which is now locked & unfortunately the mod took it personally & over reacted IMO!! I hope Riposte will be reinstated very soon!! Cogs you are fit to be a member of this board just as much as everyone else!!

The discussion board is the only one that is moderated all the time. Now mods please reconsider your decision & let Riposte back in NOW !!
              UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Okay, as none of those surmising why Riposte was banned know why or what they are posting about, I shall just say that it was for a very serious matter, a matter that carries a life ban without exception on all boards that I know of with the exception of one.

He was given plenty of warning but chose not only to ignore them but made matters even worse leaving no alternative but to impose a ban.

Due to the seriousness of this matter I don't propose to go into any further explanation as to do so could make matters worse, that no one who has posted so far in this thread, would understand without being in possession of the whole story.

Those of you here long enough will know that I have never banned anyone, except for minimal bans on one member for being a pest, and only after practically begging him to desist. So I ask you to trust my decision on this matter until such time it is resolved or otherwise.

In due course I hope to be able to tell you more.
                Last edited by Rashers; 08-07-2011, 09:47 AM.
                'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

things are not always as they appear on the face of it.....banning isnt taken lightly now or ever here..... and although we are all friends here it still does not leave us licence to throw confidentiality to the wind so now and then im afraid theres no alternative but to trust that the mods have acted in the interest of everyone ........jim is our sherrif, but i would reiterate all decisions are made by all the mods, we all have equal imput ....

Suzie your a little angel and i love you....but sometimes your opinion isnt fact although i will go to the grave supporting your right to that opinion lol.....

Comment

i'm only new here so maybe i shouldnt be speaking my mind on this topic but i have just read the locked thread on using irish in posts and i think cogito and riposte were just trying to stir things up...maybe score some points over a different issue or something
                    i dont know but thats how it looks to me and i think the move to ban him is right because he wouldnt agree to meet half way over the issue

Comment

It does seem to anyone looking in that he was banned for "agitating" or basically pissing off a Moderator rather than breaking the house rules. This may not be totally correct but hey that how it appears.

Comment

and things are not always as they appear.......if everyone who pissed someone off got banned and that includes mods the site would have folded after a couple of days........its in everyones interest to keep the site going and disagreeing with someone or having your own opinion does not warrant a banning ....ever.......if i dont abide by the rules im going to get my ass kicked by the mods too the rules work for everyone...its about fairness and respect........for everyone..

Comment

I would imagine so!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                            things are not always as they appear on the face of it.....banning isnt taken lightly now or ever here..... and although we are all friends here it still does not leave us licence to throw confidentiality to the wind so now and then im afraid theres no alternative but to trust that the mods have acted in the interest of everyone ........jim is our sherrif, but i would reiterate all decisions are made by all the mods, we all have equal imput ....

Suzie your a little angel and i love you....but sometimes your opinion isnt fact although i will go to the grave supporting your right to that opinion lol.....
                            Thanks Helen we are entitled to our views & as it happens had a pm from riposte saying he was banned until 17th July but his pm on the otter side said his ban was extended from tomorrow til the aforementioned date & got no explanation for that!
                            UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

exactly what i said suzie...but heres another thing i should.....mods dont really have personal opinions, but put them aside to be fair.......im glad rippo is keeping you updated, and also remember weve always said..things are not exactly as you see or hear.....

Comment

Working...
                              X